Josh
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Mt Waverly

Re: Eucalyptus Sideroxylon

Post by Josh »

WoodWizard wrote:This tree has never been defoliated. It's leaves are small naturally. It's a great little tree and I'm very happy with it considering it only cost me $4. :tu:

Josh.
Wow !! Leaves on sideroxolyns naturally are much bigger than this id say comfortably double the size of yours, that's why I defiantly thought u must have defoliated, could be a seed
Variant that has worked into your favour !!! Jealous , we would do batches of 300 in 40cm pots and the variance between leaf size and even tree shape was huge ( much to the dismay of picky clients ) some would almost look exactly like a
Euc melliodora. This is why I love eucalyptus trees !!!![/quote]

The other trees that were in the same riw as this tree were much bigger in the leaf size. I got two with small leaves. W
ill you be at work on Thursday. If so I'll try and drop by to say hi. Might bring the tree down and show you. I have Thursday off, got a couple things to do but should have time to swing by.

Josh.
WoodWizard
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acer
Bonsai Age: 6

Post by WoodWizard »

Great to meet you today Josh , only just saw this post! Come down anytime you like and bring that sideroxolyn next time !
Josh
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Mt Waverly

Post by Josh »

WoodWizard wrote:Great to meet you today Josh , only just saw this post! Come down anytime you like and bring that sideroxolyn next time !
Likewise mate, good to have a chat. Was there picking up the ginkgo for work (nice tree too) next time I'll bring the eucy down. I reckon I'd give that little sideroxylon ago if it's still there next time I drop in. Chuck it in the ground and see if it recovers :fc: nothing to loose.

Cheers
Josh.

Return to “Eucalyptus”