Geranium

Share ideas and photo's of accent plants and moss.
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Geranium

Post by MattA »

I have had this little Geranium species for about 7yrs, it started life as a tiny offshoot from a friends accent. It was amongst the first handful of things planted into akadama to see how it went. That was february and the growth has been good & consistent tho with smaller leaves even tho it was getting the regular feeding it is used to. The moss growth has also been vigorous and I decided to sort that out the other day.
R0013525.JPG
It provided me with a good opportunity to check out what was happening under that lush carpet at the same time. Given the health above ground & knowing how vigorous this plants roots can be when newly repotted I was expecting lots to trim back. It was a very different story, yes there was a good amount of root mass that held the whole lot together. However it was not a writhing mass of fine feeders like I am used to within this time frame. I will be interested to see how the rest of the aka test crew do rootwise over time.
R0013531.JPG
I removed a single layer of medium from the bottom and around the outside edge to enable a slight adjustment in the pot. Slipped back in & pressed firm enough to secure in the pot again.
R0013532.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"

Return to “Accent Plants and Moss”