videos to watch on YouTube?

Seen something in print or on TV? Have a good book to review? Know something others don't? Post here.
bonsaibeginer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 2

videos to watch on YouTube?

Post by bonsaibeginer »

I've seen a lot of different posts on here with quite a few comments about clips on youtube and was curious if anyone was watching anything or had seen anything worth watching?
I've been watching the Bjorn bonsai art of Japan series and Andrews bonsai journey japan. Both have a lot of beautiful trees and good info if you can convert to your timing and seasons. Graham potter is also good and works on a lot of good stock showing steps and demos.

Seen anything worth watching? Maybe some aussie videos?
DustyRusty
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Port Jackson Fig
Bonsai Age: 10

Re: videos to watch on YouTube?

Post by DustyRusty »

It's not aussie, but I've found the Orlando Bonsai videos very helpful and interesting.
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Melaleuca and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of WA

Post by Jason »

Andrew has a couple, and he is aussie, Bonsai Journey Japan, and Bonsai Journey - Seeking Light, both very enjoyable series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/andrewsellman1/videos - Edit, Sorry, just realised you said you've watched them already

I watch Bjorn's religously, but also, worth checking out are BonsaiEejit, Bonsai Empire, SandevBonsai, Bonsai Focus, OfBonsai Magazine.

I'd also just search "Ryan Neil" as he has a heap of really informative clips. I find the way he explains things very easy to understand

Thats all I've been able to find, other then the ones you posted already :) But let me know if you find anymore, I can't get enough of them

I've got grand plans of doing a video series of bonsai around australia... but that is a year off yet
Last edited by Jason on April 14th, 2014, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? The AusBonsai Wiki most likely has the answer!

Looking for a Nursery or Club near your? Check out the AusBonsai Directory which lists them all

bonsaibeginer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by bonsaibeginer »

Yup, pretty much the same as I've been watching.
I did come across a beginners series of videos uploaded by Farid Dowlatshahi. About 8 or 9 videos, quite good information and quite comical...

Return to “Bonsai in the Media & History of Australian Bonsai”