WAVERLY BONSAI GROUP

A place to promote your bonsai club or school also discussions and information about Australian bonsai nurseries.
Forum rules
To start a topic:
1. No pure for profit promotion to be posted here.
2. Please only start one topic for a particular promotion.
3. Please do NOT reply with any non-promotion-related posts, or they will be removed.
4. To discuss about bonsai, please go to other forums.
5. Please report any inappropriate promotion to the admin.
Thank you all.
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

WAVERLY BONSAI GROUP

Post by anttal63 »

I have just checked out the waverly bonsai group website; http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bonsaiau/ and am impressed at the fact that they have uploaded and updated their artinery for 2009. unlike the bigger clubs i belong to :roll: To kick start the year the guest is CRAIG WILSON from GENTIANA NURSERY doing a talk on natives as bonsai. for those of you that are not familiar with graig, he is one serious CAT :!: when it comes to native bonsai. i will not only be attending but i am also going to become a member in support of victorian and australian bonsai. this will be my third membership in vic. if all goes well i will try and hook up an interview with craig and more! i urge any of vic people to attend, this is an important night on the bonsai calender for 2009. :D
Regards Antonio:
Marc
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: peppercorn
Bonsai Age: 20

Re: WAVERLY BONSAI GROUP

Post by Marc »

G'day Anttal, thanks for the reminder. I tend to go to the larger Vic Bonsai society expo each year, absolutely wonderful. But last year it was moved to a suburb MILES!!! away from normal due to the local council (%#$%@#$) changing their mind about stuff.

Anyways, i went to the Waverly show last year, and, well, I thought it'd be bigger. HOWEVER! It was very very good. I think I was expecting a huge show like the Vic show, but it was all quality. And some magnificent natives on display too.

I should try to attend more, bloody lazy bugger I am.
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me

Post by anttal63 »

there a very nice bunch down at waverly. definately not as big as some but i am looking forward to help out over there. :D
Regards Antonio:
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me

Post by anttal63 »

SUCCESS IT WAS

Great night to be had by all. Craig is very informative and a great speaker. he brought in a large banksia serratta, allocasuarina torulosa, lemon scented tea tree and a port jackson. and discussed his maintenace regime. he is not a native purist, he loves his exotics too and could not live with out them. although he is one of the accredited speakers and advocates for growing natives and is extremely passionate about puuting down knowledge and data. at the end of the night we exchanged details, graig giving me his contact details, me giving him a flyer to this forum. graig felt his trees were a liitle on the scrappy side at the moment and feels his trees are at their best around march. so thats when i plan to get over to him and really chew the fat with him and check out his trees. i got the feeling we might see him around here soon.
a little eye candy for you guys now and im sure more will be posted up on the waverly site soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Antonio:
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me

Post by anttal63 »

he also worked on a port jackson that has been grown from a cutting for 5 yrs. with this one he is going for a multi trunk style, so cut all the growth back and ripped right into the roots hard. should be a rippa in future. sorry these pics are not the best. better ones will be had on the club site soon. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by anttal63 on January 21st, 2009, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Antonio:

Return to “Nurseries, Clubs and Schools”