rain

Australian conditions vary from one extreme to another. What do you do and when do you do it?
dragon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: ficus
Bonsai Age: 4

rain

Post by dragon »

howdy all
just thought i would give a update on weather here in wollongong it is wet :lol: :lol:
i cant get in backyard it is flooded and pond is over flowing even though pump is on :x
since 9am on the 21/03/2011 we in the illawarra has had 250mm rain and it is still raining at current time of
6:15 pm hoping it will stop or i will lose all my tree's :crybye: :crybye: but i will try to get help tonight to have someone move them to higher area
cheers dean the drowned rat :lol:
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Re: rain

Post by Pup »

What is rain :?: we are still experiencing temperatures over 30, and have now gone 47 days without any rain. We have broken our record for sunshine hours it was 8.2 per day it is now 11.3. So we in the west are breaking all the wrong records so if you can send some of your rain we would appreciate it muchly.

A very dry Pup :beer: :beer: :beer: well rain wise :palm:
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
Greth
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: olive

Post by Greth »

Our 20 mm overnight was just comfy then, but Wednesday predicted to be the wettest one this week. Clearing in time for plant sales Sunday, yippee!
If you are not killing plants, then you are not extending yourself as a gardener..
Ash Barns
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Junipers,Pines.Tridents etc
Bonsai Age: 21

Post by Ash Barns »

Hope it clears for you soon Dean. Too much rain can be a devil of a thing.
http://bonsaivaultforum.freeforums.org/portal.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Petra
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Australian Natives
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: NIL

Post by Petra »

Just a few light showers here today, just enough to water my trees for the day.
Learn from yesterday,live for today,hope for tomorrow.The important thing is, to not stop questioning. Albert Einstein...
Graeme
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive, ficus, azalea
Bonsai Age: 36

Post by Graeme »

Ash Barns wrote:Hope it clears for you soon Dean. Too much rain can be a devil of a thing.
Tell me about it Ash!!! Although I feel really sorry for those to the North of me, I am still over this Wet Season. I moved into a new house last week and haven't been able to do a thing in the back yard since, or should that have been back lake :cry: . All I have done is removed silt from the drainage ditch I had to dig to try and move some of the water.

Feeling sorry for you as well Pup, been watching the WA figures and hoping for a small amount of rain to fall your way. Great country we all live in hey?
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion
dragon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: ficus

Post by dragon »

hey guys and gals
the rain has stopped for now and sun is out now i checked damage in back yard :palm:
and i found 8 pots soil washed out,but the azalia's went off and flowered like mad didnt
realsise i had so many different colours :lol: all maples started to go redish and junipers
well they just junipers still the same but the ones lost were only minor tree's not to concerned
about them they are replaceable anytime so all in all it went well besides have to walk through
1 foot of water to check plants but it is going down very quick
PUP i am sending some rain over in a cup for ya
:lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers dean :twisted:

Return to “Climate, Weather and timing”