Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 10

Re: [Squizzy] Juniperus glauca

Post by squizzy »

Hi Bonsai beginner,

Thanks for the interest shown.

I honestly haven't put any thought into the planting angle but I would say at its current angle it looks awkward so it is something I will have to work on for sure. I had a brief look at pots today too and came up with nothing. In my opinion pot selection is one of many of my greatest weaknesses.

Squizz
1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55..............................
squizzy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines
Bonsai Age: 10

Re: [Squizzy] Juniperus glauca

Post by squizzy »

Ok,

What I have learnt with this tree is that it doesnt like being pushed whilst in a medium state of health. This comp is all about pushing but I think for future comps starting with a nice healthy tree that has been obtained years erlier with a lot of vigour and a good root system would be a great advatntage. This tree was purchased just before the comp started and I imagine it had been in its current pot for a good few years.

I am fairly happy with the design I coose but should probably have considered reducing foliage over a longer period of tome to allow the tree to adjust accordingly.

It has recently had a bit of browning off which I think has possibly come from a few things.
1 Humidity
2 foliage reducion over a too short a period of time.
3 granular fertalizing whilst not having enough foliage to use?
4 periods of extreme dry and extreme wet through this summers heat and a lack of attention.
5 poor light levels given the postion of my growing area( about 5 hrs of direct sunlight in the morning and filtered sunlight for the remainder of the day?

anyhow here is the tree for critique or discussion if you feel like it.
P3310018.jpg
Squizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55..............................

Return to “Category 2 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”