dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Aussie Natives
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

[withdrawn][dansai] Syzygium smithii cv. 1

Post by dansai »

Species: Syzygium smithii (small leaved hedging form)
Height: 1200mm
Origin: Burbank Nursery
Cost: $40
Syzygium cv. 11.jpg
Syzygium cv. 13.jpg
Syzygium cv. 12.jpg
This tree was original grown for hedging plants from the nursery I purchased it from. It was one over 100 but i was attracted to the base. I set layers on it about 6 months ago and have good callusing but as yet no roots. I will reset the layers with some rooting hormone and hopefully i will get some roots soon so I can remove the layers and start work before winter.

The section I will be using for this competition is the base. The foliage has been untouched by me and the dieback is from having not enough light reaching the bottom branch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kcpoole on September 30th, 2013, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [withdrawn]
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [dansai] Syzygium smithii cv. 1

Post by dansai »

Not much change with this one as I've just reset the layers above. Just a very light trim.
1 April 2013 Trim.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dansai »

Quick update

Sorry for the photo quality. Just had a new baby and in the process of moving my nursery.

Nothing much to report. Not much growth down this low. Hoping warmer weather will bring on the roots so I can remove the layers and get this pumping.
June 27 2013.jpg

dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dansai »

Withdrawn. No roots on the layer so i can't develop it as quickly as I'ld like. Will still update.

Return to “Category 2 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”