Collected Olives

Forum for discussion of Evergreen bonsai – Buxus, Cotoneaster, Olive etc.
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Collected Olives

Post by PeterW »

ozzy wrote:Also note the steel mesh attached to the grow box for pulling branches down. ;)
Yes....I did notice that. I have all or atleast most of mine growing in wooden boxes so i just screw cup hooks wherever needed. But i do like the idea of the mesh.
Peter
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Post by Steven »

Nice olives and grow box ozzy!
How would you feel about putting together a post on how you built that beauty? What is the base made from?
Thanks,
Steven
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
ozzy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by ozzy »

PeterW wrote:
ozzy wrote:Also note the steel mesh attached to the grow box for pulling branches down. ;)
Yes....I did notice that. I have all or atleast most of mine growing in wooden boxes so i just screw cup hooks wherever needed. But i do like the idea of the mesh.
Peter
Yes just using the edge of the box for tie down points wasn't going to do the job on this one, I needed a lot more options, the box is permapine with galv screws and mesh, I like to cut all the boards at an angle to give it a Bonsai pot appearance, more appealing than the trusty old white foam boxes ( the missus made me get rid of all of those from around the garden, she hated them :( ).
ozzy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by ozzy »

Heres a picture of an empty grow box, they're pretty straight forward to make, you can use old pallet wood that you can usually get for nothing if you don't want to fork out for permapine which could get expensive if you make a few.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Evergreen”